I created this small series of exercises some weeks ago. The goal is to train your ear and get more familiar with sheet music!
- 10x .mp3 files with varied melodies on the piano which you can transcribe to train your ears and musicianship skills
- 1x .pdf file with the solutions for all 10 exercises
How to do the exercise:
- Listen carefully to the recordings
- Transcribe what you hear into Musescore (free notation software)
- If you're beginner, feel free to use the piano to give you references. If you're advanced, try doing it without the piano (like good old college dictations!)
- Don't check the answers before you're completely done!
PS: In order to do this exercise correctly, you must ideally have basic knowledge of music notation, included key signatures if possible. ;)